Saturday, December 5, 2015

Let us run...

Tomorrow morning I'll be out running my first half marathon.

As I've been training I'm learning about the importance of persistence, endurance, and focus.

I'm learning to dig into the depths of who I am to discover what is keeping me from truly fixing my eyes on Christ.

As the distances I run increase the time I've had to ponder has increased.

I've learned that there are things I need to let go and things I need to incorporate into my life.

As the year comes to a close I am taking stock of what I've accomplished and what lies ahead. I didn't begin 2015 with the goal of becoming a long distance runner. And yet, tomorrow I'll be running 13.1 miles for the first time. This Bible verse in the photo (Hebrews 12:1) isn't about running an actual foot race. It's about our spiritual lives. It's about discipleship.

As you finish this year think about what lessons you have learned, what insights you have gained, and what growth has taken place in your spiritual life. This 'race' we run is not given to the swift or to the strong. As the old song says, 'it's given to the one who keeps pressing on."

Keep pressing on. Don't stop until you cross the finish line. Press on until the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment