Saturday, November 28, 2015

Why Are You Scared To Be Different?

There's a line from a Lacrae song that asks "Why ya'll scared to be different?"

I've asked myself that question. For many years I was afraid to have an opinion or to step out and be different from everyone else. I enjoyed playing it safe. I didn't want to stand out and risk being criticized or being seen in a negative light.


I'm learning not to let fear get in the way of who God created me to be. Psalm 139 reminds me that I'm fearfully and wonderfully made. Joshua 1:9 commands me to be strong and courageous.  And as the saying goes, "Courage is fear that has said its prayers."

Being who God created me to be just might mean that I have to be different. The older I get the more I can see the blessing in being unique. After all, Christ was not like anyone else who'd ever walked the face of the earth. And my greatest desire is to live like Him.

So, ask yourself, "Why are you scared to be different?"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alida, I find your words today encouraging. Although we know we are each different there can be a bit of comfort in staying within the confines of the group. Yet it doesn't really bring us true contentment to box in. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete