Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Word of the Week: Treasure


What do you treasure?



I’ve been thinking about this lately.



Have you ever wandered around a store looking for something to catch your eye? Maybe that's just me!

A few weeks ago I found a treasure box. I wasn't sure what to do with it. So of course I went back to the store and purchased a second one.

I began to use one treasure box to hold some note cards that have different names of God on them that I want to study. It made me think about what other things I treasure. So I started to make a list.

I treasure the word of God. I love quietly reading my Bible and making notes of the treasures I find within its pages.

I treasure jewelry. I have pieces that were handed down. Ones made by local designers. And things that my husband and children have gifted me...each item is priceless in my heart.

I treasure chatting with friends. As iron sharpens iron so one person sharpens another. I love gleaning wisdom and insight from the people in my life.

I treasure music. I love to listen to music and I love to sing it!

I treasure artistic creativity. Artwork in all of its forms amazing me. From jewelry designing to painting and drawing to spoken word, I love it all!

I treasure laughter. My granddaughter’s laughter fills my heart with joy!

I treasure books. I’ve spent many nights up way too late trying to finish one more chapter.

I treasure time spent in quiet. I truly value having extended times of peace and quiet in my day.

I treasure memories of special moments. With each year that passes I value my memories of events, time with family and friends, traveling with my husband. Making memories is one of my greatest treasures!

I can’t put all of those things in the second treasure box. But, I am gathering up some of my favorite things to give away!

Take a look at the video and follow along on Facebook and Instagram to search for clues that could lead to you be a winner of #AlidasTreasure!







No comments:

Post a Comment